Thursday, January 30, 2014

THE LSE DREAM FOR KNOWLEDGE IS GREAT


One of my friends said, ‘If there is a will, there is always a train waiting!’

The DOs and DONTs in my country are so immense for girls that at times and may be all the times, I dream of catching that train to the nearest Metro Kolkata and fly to UK to live my dream.

Many women in my family say that the feminists are mean at times. But they do not know how the incidents and instances in their daily lives have made my mind restless in studying gender!

And once amidst that inferior scene of being a ‘woman’, a small story in the local daily, THE ASSAM TRIBUNE attracted me. The interchange of diplomatic ties between Indian and British officials brought home quite a number of scholarships for Indian students to study at the Gender Institute of The London School of Economics and Political Science. And there on, LSE became my dream.

At times, I find everything around me to be futile. I realize losing my own identity. Then there are some places where you think you can achieve for what you have taken birth. I am lucky to be born as an Indian. Love my culture, my people, the chaos and the diversity. But indubitably Britain gives me the hope to achieve what I desire. I want to break down the orthodox milieu around me and enjoy the freedom of knowledge on the Houghton Street. 

I want to interact with the heterogeneous community of the LSE and take forward my research work. I want to try liberating our lives from that attached unknown fear that rules over us. If women can love men unconditionally, I wonder what pleases men in diminishing her worth. Besides, I have the ultimate zeal of hearing from the best people around the world and help me find a solution to the women problem.

London sounds to be very upbeat to me since childhood. Hope someday I become a part LSE and take pride in completing my research from that faraway land. I want to grab a scholarship soon and meet my destiny. I definitely want to come back to India and glorify the LSE experience with the future change makers!

1 comments:

Khushboo said...

Your friend is really smart :)

All the best for the contest :)

Post a Comment